Chadar Trek 2021 for 8 Nights and 9 Days @ ₹ 21500
Served more than 600 Trekkers for Chadar Trek in 2021
Fixed Departures Dates (14 Batches):
January’2021 (10 Batches): 4-Jan, 7-Jan, 10-Jan, 13-Jan, 16-Jan, 19-Jan, 22-Jan, 25-Jan, 28-Jan, 31-Jan’2021
February’2021 (04 Batches): 3-Feb, 6-Feb, 9-Feb, 12-Feb’2021
Pick you batch and date by replying to this email or by calling 7014311023.
One time free date reschedule included.
Limited Seats Available!
“Chadar Trek” refers to the sheet of ice that forms over the Zanskar river as it transforms itself from a rapidly flowing river into a white blanket of ice during winter. It becomes a frozen spectacle of glass ice ranging from a bluish tinge to golden yellow that is seen during the few hours that sunlight reaches directly into the gorge to the milky whitish on a moonlit night – as said a trekking journey like no other.
Chadar trek connects villages in the Zanskar valley (deep in the mountains) with Chilling (on the road to Leh) along the frozen Zanskar River. This route has been used for centuries for trade and transportation and is most reliable in February when the ice is most stable.
Highlights of Chadar Trek 2021:
- 4 Nights at Leh and 4 Nights at Trek
- Leh Airport pick-up & drop @ Rs.1000/- per vehicle
- Option for additional nights in Leh & Ladakh sightseeing
Short Itinerary of Chadar Trek 2021:
Day 1: Arrival in Leh (3500 m) – Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House
Day 2: Acclimatization Walk in Leh- Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House
Day 3: Getting a medical check-up at SNM Hospital- Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House
Day 4: Lower Shingra and Somo Paldar – 11,400 to 10,390 ft. – Drive 75 km | 08 Kms Trek | Stay in a tent
Day 5: Trek to Dib Cave/Tibb -10,550 – 10,760 ft. – Trek 15 KMs – Stay in a tent
Day 6: Dib Cave/Tibb to Camp at Naerak – 10,760 – 11,150 ft. – Trek 12.5 KMs – Stay in a tent
Day 7: Naerak to Tibb/Gaylpo- 11,150 – 10,760 ft. – Trek 14.5 KMs – Stay in a tent
Day 8: Tibb to Shingra Koma & Back To Leh- 10,390 to 11,400 ft. – Drive 75 km | 08.5 Kms Trek | Stay in Guest House
Day 9: Departure from Leh
FAQ Chadar Trek
1. What are available dates for Chadar Trek 2020
January’2020 (10 Batches): 4-Jan, 7-Jan, 10-Jan, 13-Jan, 16-Jan, 19-Jan, 22-Jan, 25-Jan, 28-Jan, 31-Jan
February’2020 (04 Batches): 3-Feb, 6-Feb, 9-Feb, 12-Feb Limited Seats Available!
2. What are Pricing and Variants for Chadar Trek?
- Rs.19,500/- excluding permits and airport return transfers
- Rs.24,500/- including Trekking Pole, Gum Boots, Permits, Environmental Fee, Wildlife Fee, ALTOA, LAHDC and airport drop.
- Plus 5% GST will be applicable on both the variants
3. Can you tell us booking and cancellation terms for Chadar Trek 2020?
All the booking cancelled before 15-December’2020 are eligible for 50% refund. There will not be any refund applicable for new bookings and existing bookings after 15th-December’2020.
4.What if someone booked the tour but the trek didn’t happen? (Refunds and operations)
In case the Chadar is not formed we will offer the alternate trek for same duration otherwise 50% refund is applicable on the bookings.
5. What if some natural calamities happen in between the Chadar Trek?
Leh Ladakh XP takes utmost care to ensure safety of its members during the trekking expeditions. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Leh Ladakh XP will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trekking and expeditions.
6. If any kind of permission required entering in some certain areas?
Any other charge that the local authority (LAHDC, ALTOA or any other) may charge development fee during the trek (which may range anywhere between 500- 3000 INR per head). All of these kind of charges are to be paid by trekkers in advance before starting the trek and not included in the package. Currently the Fee is Rs.2,300 for Indians and Rs.2,800 for Foreigners.
7. 2020 Chadar Trek – To and Fro transportation details?
Transportation from Base Camp Leh to Leh is included in the package as per the itinerary.
Airport transfers pick up or drop may be arranged at an additional cost of Rs.500/- Per Person.
8. What are the Stay options during the Frozen River Trek?
- Stay will be in Hotels and guest houses while in Leh City.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple sharing basis while on the trek.
- For Chadar Trek 2021, stay arrangements may change.
9. Food: What and how will it be provided?
Meals will be provided while on trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, breads, poha, sweet, tea, milk, high energy bars, dry fruits, juices etc. is the regular menu)
10. What are the arrangements, if someone falls ill?
Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the Chadar Trek 2020. Rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any exigencies.
- No denim or jeans – not suited for this trek.
- Snacks, colas, alcohol and personal food – No need to overburden yourself with food. Do not carry any disposable plastic bottles like (Bisleri, Aquafina), plastic wrapped/packaged items. Do not bring any non bio degradable material.
- After packing, weigh your gear. It should be in the range of 8-10 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you will need to iterate and remove what is not essential.
- Carry light and what is essential. As an example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).
- Some general advice about clothing: To protect yourself from cold, dressing in layers is the mantra. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a guideline. If you are prone to cold carry extra warm clothing.