Located in Kullu district at an elevation of 3660 meters, which connects the villages of Rumsu and Pulag to that of Malana. Chandrakhani Pass Trek is believed to be the meditation site of one of the Saptarshi, Saptarishi Jamadagni. There is another mystical story attached to the place which says, a local deity by the name of Jamlu of Malana was carrying a basket full of the idols of local gods. As he was walking the basket fell down and the deities reached the nearby peaks. This is the reason why all the nearby peaks like that of Indradarshan, Deo Tibba, Pir Panjal and Pārbati Range are considered to be holy. It originates from the scenic Naggar settlement, some 21-kilometers away from Manali. From the pass, the beauty of Deo Tibba, Pārbati, and Pir Panjal peaks could be enjoyed. Also, filled with dense forests of pine, deodar, golden oak and cherry, this pass boasts as one of the most scenic and pictorial passes in the country.
About the Trek
An offbeat location, this might be the solitude that you are searching for. A hidden gem, this place is isolated from the rest of the worlds. The two-day Chandrakhani Pass trek would cover beautiful pine forests, you get spectacular views of mountains and the scenic beauty of the landscape around. It is indeed an unforgettable experience.
- The trek is an opportunity to enjoy and savour the beauty of many tiny hamlets and streams.
- The Temple made for Jamdagini Rishi
- The pine forests around, which is fairytale like
- Have you ever done camping? If not this is your opportunity to. Sleeping under the star for 2 nights enjoying the scenic beauty around. Cherry on top, prepare a bonfire and have fun with friends
- The splendid view of ice-capped mountains and the grandiose of glaciers of the Pir Panjal range of the mighty Himalayas.
- A unique opportunity to meet new people live their experience, talk to them and getting to know peculiar cultures that you might never have the opportunity to come across otherwise.
- And most importantly- food. An opportunity to taste the local food from the authentic people.
- The Chandrakhani Pass trek also passes through some old villages and grasslands.
Key Facts About Trek
- Location: Himachal Pradesh
- Starting from: Rumsu
- Temperature: 10 to15 degree Celsius in the morning; 2 to 5 degree Celsius at night
- Trekking Distance: 16-kilometers
- Maximum altitude: 11975 feet or 3660 meters
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Nearest Railway Station: Joginder Nagar Railway Station
- Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport, Kullu
- Accommodation Type: Camping
- Food: Nutritious food suitable for trekking
- Best time to visit: Mid-June to early October
- Duration: 2 Days and I Night
- Key attractions: Jamdagini Rishi’s Temple, Pine forests, Views of Deo Tibba, Indradarshan