The Kuari pass, located in the heart of GARHWALI HIMALAYAS, derives its name from “GODDESS NANDA DEVI” considered to be the “MOUNTAIN GODDESS”, and it offers unseen sceneries to relish. As with every Himalayan trek, the route is filled with blooming forests of Oak and Rhododendron trees. Interspersed with lush green meadows, the entry to forests presents stunning views. Trekkers can interact with the local shepherds. These giant peaks seen, from the top of the KAURI which means – “A GATEWAY FOR HIMALAYAS”. The first day with views of Mount Nanda Devi, Dronagiri and other peaks, all lined in a row is a delight to watch with sky high mountains!. Trekkers can justifiably feel ‘on top of the world’ with campsites on mountain peaks. The Chitrakantha campsite in the midst of the dense forests or Khullara camps, with the backdrop of beautiful peaks is a truly refreshing feeling and a rare occasion to rejoice during your Kuari Pass Trek.
About Kuari Pass Trek:
During the six day adventure trek, one can see some of the holy places of historic significance in the Himalayas, starting from Haridwar to Joshimath. Watch the convergence of three rivers of Rudraprayag, Devaprayag and Alaknanda at Joshimath. Chitrakantha and Chaukhamba peaks of the Himalayas present a visual delight. From Chitrakanta trekkers reach the Tali top for another heavenly experience. The lush green meadows, and the clear cut tracks of the Tapovan, in the midst of alpine meadows , the majestic peaks of Nanda Devi, Rishi Ganga River and the Himalayas from the Kauri pass presents an opportunity to relish the endless beauty of this region. At Auli, it is a totally a different feeling – this being the best destination for skiing.
Highlights of Kuari Pass Trek:
Some of the highlights of this trek are:
- See the beauty of the lush green Gorson meadows – ie. land of green pastures surrounded by coniferous forest and oak trees
- See the majestic mountain peaks of Chaukhamba, Neelkanth, Mana, Kamet, Hathi, Ghodi, Trishul, Nandaghunti, Nanda Devi, and Dunagiri.
- Walk around and relax near the quaint lake of Talli.
- Trek through the ancient trading routes.
- Experience a piece of history! – explore the land where Lord Curzon ruled.
- Trek through the ridges of the Rhododendron, Spruce and Silver Birch.
- Enjoy camping at alpine meadows, and get an insight into the life and culture of the locals.
- Drink water directly from the cold streams, camp under open skies, gaze at the stars and see sunrise from 3500m above the sea level over Nanda Devi peak, the 2nd highest peak reflecting illuminating hues of Golden color.
Key Facts About Trek To Kuari Pass:
|Region||Garhwali Himalayas, Uttarakhand|
|Duration||6 Days 5 Nights|
|Ideal Time||The best time to visit this place is March-June (summer). The region is warm and pleasant with clear and sunny skies. During monsoon June – September the region receives heavy rainfall and the roads are blocked with risk of landslides.|
|Temperature||Day temperature is generally between 13*C-18*C and it can drop to -4*C at nights.|
|Level||Difficult. The trek requires high amount of physical fitness. Suggested to undergo regular fitness exercises and training for about 3 months before this trip. One should be free of ailments.|
|Total Distance||33 Kms|
|Maximum Elevation||The trek starts at an elevation of 1300 m at the Gorson meadows and reaches a maximum altitude of 3800 m at the Kauri pass.|
|Weather||In summer the weather is warm and pleasant with temperature between 15*C-22*C and it drops to -5*C. In winter the entire region receives heavy snowfall and covered with sheets of snow.|
|Communication||At Auli and Gorson Bugyal, all telecommunication operators have good connectivity. In the mountains trekkers get only intermittent signals which may be completely lost. In case of emergency only satellite communication works.|
|ATM Point||The last ATM point that trekkers can find is at Joshimath before the trek starts.|