Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
As a biker, if you are thinking of doing some adventure, then “Ladakh” is the ultimate destination for you. This Leh Ladakh Bike Trip is all about the journey which would mean much more than reaching the destination. Riding through Manali highway, covering the most stunning and challenging terrains and some very high mountain passes – Khardung La, Chang La, Tanglang La, Baralacha La, a road trip to the heavenly destination to Ladakh is one that you will cheers for the rest of your lives.
About Leh Ladakh
Swarmed by tourist from all over the world, Ladakh needs no introduction and words fall short to explain the grandeur beauty of this cold desert. Landlocked by the Karakoram and Himalayan mountains, Ladakh, a high altitude desert, is defined by craggy, barren cliffs and plateaus. Sharing its east boundary with Tibet, Ladakh has Lahaul and Spiti into its south west and the Kashmir valley to the west coast.
Ladakh isn’t a series of paintings hung up on a wall to be adored and taken snapshots of. Ladakh has to be felt, has to be experienced beyond sightseeing and the sound of the shutter of cameras. Having a number of Lamas and monasteries, butter tea and gently grunting yaks, there’s much more to Ladakh such as spectacular scenery and deep blue lakes. Visiting Ladakh is to experience serenity and loneliness in a vast cold barren desert, or ticking off an item on your bucket list, Ladakh is a storehouse of astonishing things. Each valley in the area is rich with unparalleled views, peculiar villages and some fabled monasteries.
A Leh Ladakh bike trip entails a great deal of beauty, grandeur, and patience. A Leh Ladakh Tour here is captivating and being well informed will only smooth your excursion. This highest cold desert in the world is a journey of self-discovery at altitudes exceeding 12000 ft above mean sea level and surely one of the toughest motorcycle rides anywhere in the world.
About the Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
The Ladakh Bike trip through Manali-Leh Highway is going to give you more amazing experience than you are imaging now just by reading it. The tour starts from Delhi but actual Ladakh bike trip will starts from Manali, a quaint charming town surrounded by majestic hills and woody forests and serene scenes of the pristine river Bias. The arid cold desert that lies at a staggering altitude is going to leave you gasping for breath.
Our Voyage will start from Delhi the capital of India; board bus for the journey to the Backpacker’s town Manali. We will reach Manali by next morning. After reaching Manali, we will be staying in riverside camps. The bike trip begins from day 3 with our drive out to Jispa. We will reach Sarchu on day 4 by crossing the famous Baralacha La. Lachung La, Moray Plains, and Tanglang La are the main attractions on the way to Leh on day 5. Tanglang La provides a scenic view from every angle with ample vegetation on both sides. We will reach Leh by late afternoon.
On day 6, we will ride out for Nubra Valley via Khardung La. We stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley – Hunder or Sumur. We ride out after breakfast for Pangong Lake on day 7 through some more high altitude passes, beautiful grazing grounds and landscapes. We spend night in the lakeside camp. After exploring Pangong Lake, we will ride for Tso Moriri on Day 8.
We will leave for Manali on day 9 and reach Sachu through Manali-Leh Highway. On day 10, we will reach Manali by late afternoon. You can explore Manali town and spend some quality time on Mall Road.
On Day 11, our representative will transfer you to bus stand where you can onboard our Volvo bus to reach Delhi next day. You will reach Delhi by next morning where our trip ends.
Leh Ladakh Tour Package Highlights
- Drive to Jispa, via Rohtang Pass
- Bike ride on Baralachha Pass to reach the camp site in Sarchu
- A challenging drive on Tanglang-La Pass (one of the world’s highest passes)
- Visit Thiksey, Shey and other Leh Monasteries
- Explore Jispa, Sarchu and Pang Villages.
- Shopping and sightseeing in Leh
- Visit to the beautiful Pangong Lake
- Visit to Tso Moriri
- Experience the adrenaline rush as you ride over the highest motorable road Khardung La
- Relish delicious Ladakhi cuisines.
- Feel the thrill as you ride through the barren roads and admire the breathtaking scenery of the region.
- Camping near Pangong Lake and Tso Moriri
- Stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley
Key Facts About Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
- Region : Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
- Nature of Trip : Motor Biking
- Duration : 12 Days/11 Nights
- Riding Days : 8 Days
- Daily Mileage : 140-180 Km
- Riding Season : May- September
- Difficulty : Moderate – Tough
- Average Temperature: 12-17 degrees (days) and 2-10 degrees (nights) during summers, 0-(-10) degrees (days) and (-10) – (-20) degrees (nights) during winters.
- Trip Starting Point: Delhi
- Nearest Railway Station: New Delhi Railway Station
- Nearest Airport: IGI Airport Delhi
- Atm: ATMs are there in all the way from Manali to Leh.