About Parvati Valley
Pin Parvati Trek goes through multiple beautiful destinations that are once in a lifetime experience. There are dazzling views of the Spiti valley, of the Mantalai Lake and Parvati valley as well as the Pin glacier. The entire Pin Parvati Pass trek is adventure packed and for sure is bound to be a unique experience in each of the trekker’s life. It takes an utmost passion for one to complete the trek despite the difficulties one face and all the difficulties are worth facing as the experience is spellbound.
About the Pin Parvati Trek
One of the best trek you will ever experience it is spanned over 11 days. Starting at Kaza and ending at Barsheni, each day of this trekking is action-packed. The landscapes change a lot and so does the experience. IT is easy certain days, while on certain others it becomes too difficult.
Pin Parvati is suitable trekking site for an experienced trekker who is looking for more adventure. It is not just about the beautiful roads or about the places you go to but it is also a survival lesson, an achievement in itself. Travelling for 110-kilometers to a high of 17,500 feet is not an easy task. It covers forests and meadows of Parvati valley to the Buddhist villages of Spiti valley. It goes through a rote which doesn’t have settlements and is secluded, out of human intervention making you see the most beautiful sights in your life. There is a pulley bridge at Tunda Bhuj to swamplands of Mantalai to mountainous pastures of Odi Thach, dense forests near Kheerganga and glacier near the Pass. Near the end of the Pin Parvati trek, you also can go for the hot water springs at Parvati Kund at Kheerganga. Here is where you experience heaven, a hot water bath after 6 days of continuous trekking.
Key Facts About Trek
- Location: Himachal Pradesh
- Starting from: Manali
- Temperature: 5 to 10degree Celsius in the morning; 2 to 5 degree Celsius at night
- Trekking Distance: 110-kilometers
- Maximum altitude: 17,500 feet
- Difficulty Level: Fairly Difficult
- Nearest Railway Station: Joginder Nagar Railway Station
- Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport, Kullu
- Accommodation Type: Camping
- Food: Nutritious food suitable for trekking
- Best time to visit: Mid-June to September
- Duration: 11 Days and 10 Nights
- Key attractions: Spiti river, Parvati Valley, Pin Glacier, Mudh Village, Kheerganga, Mantalai Lake, Odi Thach