Ladakh is a beautiful region, in the northern part of India. Earlier till 4th August 2019, Ladakh used to be a part of former Indian state Jammu & Kashmir. But, on Monday 5th August 2019, Union Home Minister of India “Amit Shah” introduced a bill to remove Article 370, which provides a special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
In addition to this, Respected Home Minister of India, moved a bill bifurcating that Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh will be the two Union Territories with the immediate effect.
What kind of Union Territory will be Ladakh?
- Ladakh will be a Union Territory as per the sources but it will not have any Legislative Assembly.
- Central Government of India will govern all the laws in Ladakh UT.
- Development Funds for Ladakh Union Territory will be provided by Central Govt. of India.
What Travelers Can Expect From Ladakh Union Territory
- More Safety – As Ladakh UT will be directly monitored by Govt of India, you can expect best safety.
- More Travel Opportunities – New Roads may open soon in Ladakh UT after scraping article 370.
Is Ladakh A Union Territory?
Yes, Ladakh is an Union Territory of India. On Monday August 5th, Ladakh UT status will be official on the immediate effect.