The region is bestowed with natural beauty in abundance and is a paradise on earth which presents a multi-faceted dimensions of nature that stumps everyone!A ‘not-to-miss’ trip to be undertaken with caution due to swift changing vagaries of nature and also the high levels of physical fitness required. Travelers can explore and dwell into the various cultural heritage of Jammu and Kashmir. There will be challenges, that makes the trip more adventurous but there are handsome rewards in the form of exotic and mesmerizing sceneries all along. The trip passes thru Drass which is the 2ndcoldest inhabited place on earth. The Leh Ladakh Trip fulfils the expectations of different types of travelers – ie. Nature lovers, photographers, adventurists, spiritualists and what not! – Bikers can freeze mortal memories, explore Buddhist monasteries / stupa with thrilling view of Giant Buddha at Mulbek, pass thru deep valleys and enjoy local delicacies too. One of the unique attractions is The Pangong Lake and its water changing colors from dawn to dusk. One can also visit Nubra valley and go for a ride on the double-humped bacterium camels. All in all, you are in for fascinating trails filled with excitement and which urges everyone to explore the unexplored! As you end this leh ladakh tour package, you are sure to have an interesting script ready to author memorable travelogues!!
About Leh Ladakh Tour Package:
The nine day special bike trip package is a thrilling bike trip to Leh through Manali. The trip representatives meet the bikers as they arrive at Manali by Volvo buses from Delhiand get them transferred to the hotel. The day starts with a short orientation and a drive to the Solang valley, to explore the Vashsith temple. As one proceeds further – the trip is full of fun and excitement as bikers ride through the highest passes in the world – Khardung La, Chang La, Rohtang La, Gulaba, Marhi and Koksar as they proceed towards the Darcha, Baralacha, Zing Zing Bar – Bikers also pass thru the 2nd highest motorable road at Khardung La Pass on the 6th day of the leh ladakh tour. They spend some time exploring the beautiful Nakeela River and Lachung La pass. In Leh visit some famous places like the Hall of Fame, Magnetic Hill, Sangam and the Gurdwara Shri Patthar Sahib. Visit the Diksit monastery.Bikers ride through Gata loops – a series of 21 hair pin bends – and a practice of locals offering water bottles to travelers as they pass is a sight to see. Bikers pass through the cities of Jispa, Leh and Sarchu all along the Kulu Valley. After reaching Leh bikers spend their time in sightseeing and acclimatization. Afterwards bikers further proceed from the Nubra valley to the Pangong lake and enjoy the camping near this quaint lake. Bikers feel the pleasure of driving through the unexplored places, especially with an experienced road captain, and a fully support crew the ride will be smooth and comfortable without any obstacles. The first day of this exciting leh ladakh tour package is reserved for acclimatization to ensure that bikers have a safe and smooth journey ahead.
Leh Ladakh Trip Highlights:
- Ride through the beautiful meadows, lakes and mountain ranges of Ladakh.
- Ride on top of the world – through Khardung La Pass the2ndhighest motorable pass in the world.
- Experience firsthand the exotic beauty of the Nubra valley and Pangong Lake.
- Explore the beautiful villages of Jispa, Sarchu and Pang villages.
- Visit historical Buddhist monasteries of Shey, Thiksey and Leh.
- Ride through the huge and giant passes of Rohtang Pass, Baralacha La Pass, Wari La Pass, and Chang La Pass.
- Enjoy and experience the beauty of the Lamayuru landscape.
- Taste and relish some of the delicacies of Lakadhi cuisines.
- As you cross Zojilla Pass enjoy spectacular views of Sonmarg and Srinagar
Key Facts About Leh Ladakh Tour:
|Starting Point||Delhi [Biking starts from Manali]|
|Ending Point||Leh (Ladakh)|
|Duration||9 Days 8 Nights- One way|
|Ideal Time||The best time to go for bike trips is between June- September since this season is warm and pleasant with clear and sunny skies. October- February is not a best time to go for a bike expedition as the temperature drops and the region has dense snowfalls.|
|Temperature||15*C-20*C in the daytime at drops to -5*C at nights.|
|Bike Grade Ride||Tough. The ride can be undertaken by experienced riders with expertise in deep mountaineering knowledge, as there are hairpin bends all along the ride and it is a circuitous bike. The route is Khardung La-Chang La -Rohtang La- Gulaba -Marhi- Koksar as they proceed towards the Darcha- Baralacha- Zing Zing Bar-Leh.Good physical stamina and health is needed. Riders should not have any problems in vision and accurate judgment of distances is required when driving. The ride traverses through high passes and needs high levels of driving skills and precision.|
|Total Distance||~ 900 Kms (On bike from Manali to Leh)|
|Maximum Elevation||Drive across some of passes of Chang la (5,360m), Tanglang La (5,328m), Baralacha la (4,890 m) and Rohtang Pass (3,978 m) and reaches a maximum elevation of the Khardung- La- Pass (5,540m) the highest motorable pass in the world.|
|Weather||Early June is the best season to go for this bike trip. After this, the trails are slippery and the region receives heavy rainfall. In winter the temperature drops to -4*C and the entire region is covered with sheets of snow.|
|Communication||Major telecommunication works, and roaming Prepaid SIMs do not work in Ladakh. In case of emergency only satellite communication works.|
|ATM Point||ATMs are available at Delhi, Manali and Leh. Leh is the last point of ATM.|
Delhi – Chandigarh – Manali | 560 Kms | 12-13 Hrs. – This is the first day of the trip travelers board a Volvo bus from Chandigarh or Delhi. Travelers should be well prepared for this overnight journey to Manali.
Kullu Manali- After reaching Kullu travelers check in at the camps at Kullu. Relax for some time and get ready for the registration. After this travelers can explore the nature, and pay respects at the Hadimba and the Manu temple along the banks of the Beas River. This temple is dedicated to goddess Hadimba, who according to Mahabharata is regarded as the wife of Bhima. The Manu temple that lies along the Beas River is dedicated to Sage Manu, who is the creator of the world. After returning bikers have a small trial run on their allotted bike. In the evening the bikers get excitedafter allotmentof the bike – Attend orientation process and tour briefing / details. Overnight stay will be at camps. This includes (Rohtang permit, breakfast and dinner.)
Manali -Rohtang Pass – Jispa | 140 Kms | 8 Hrs. – The bikers long awaited journey to Ladakh starts on this day.Riders get set for this exciting ride, and pass through the Vashisht and Nehru Kund. Nehru Kund is a natural spring of cold water, and named after the first prime Minister of India- Jawaharlal Nehru, because he used to drink water from this spring when he stayed here. The water of this spring come from Bhrigu Lake at an elevation of 4300 m in the Kullu Manali district of Himachal Pradesh. This place is loved by photographers and nature lovers. One can just sit and relax and spend some time among this lush green surroundings. Just pass by the Solang pass that is famous for different winter sports and the Rohtang pass ( 13051 ft) followed by Keylong that is in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. After reaching Jispa dinner will be served followed by overnight stay at the camps. This includes: (Bike – fuel- backup- road captain – stay- breakfast – dinner-mechanic- oxygen cylinder- Rohtang permit-first aid.)
Jispa – Sarchu | 90 Kms | 6 Hrs. – This day riders gear up for an adventurous ride as they cross the Bara-lacha la pass in the Zanskar ranges, at an altitude of16043 ft. As the route passes through the Darcha and Zingzingbar, bikers get an adrenaline boost. Bikers spend some time near the Chandrabanga River(Chenab River). One can click some beautiful pictures of this scenic river.On the way, visit the Deepak and Suraj Taal, two exotic lakes in the Lahaul and Spiti regionand enjoy their beauty.Relax at Sarchu and spend the night here. This includes: (Bike-Fuel – Backup-Road captain – Stay – Breakfast – Dinner – Mechanic- Oxygen Cylinder- First aid kit- Rohtang permit.)
Sarchu – Leh | 253 Kms | 10 Hrs. –The trip starts for Leh, the capital of Ladakh region. All along the way bikers pass through Nakeela Pass, Whisky Nallah, Lachulung La Pass, Pang, More Plains, and Tanglang La Pass. Accommodation and overnight stay will be at Leh. This includes: (Bike – Fuel – Backup-road captain – stay – breakfast – dinner – mechanic-first aid-oxygen cylinder- Ladakh inner line permit.)
Leh – Khardung La Pass – Nubra Valley | 120 Kms | 4-5 Hrs. – In the morning, bikers travel to the Nubra valley, a cold desert with vast landscapes and mountain ranges. Cross the Khardung-La-Pass the 2ndhighest motorable pass. After reaching Nubra valley enjoy the double- humped camel rides in the Desert Mountains of Hunder.Overnight stay will be at Nubra. This includes : (Bike – TT – SUV – Fuel – Backup – SUV – stay – breakfast – dinner – mechanic- first aid-oxygen cylinder- Ladakh inner line permit.)
Nubra Valley – Pangong Lake | 150 Kms | 6-7 Hrs. – This is another day of an adventurous and thrilling experience as the biking expedition traverses through the unexplored paths and regions of the high mountains. This leads to the beautiful Pangong Tso, a lake shared between India and China that goes through the Shylok River and Wari La Pass. It is a quite challenging and thrilling ride and the route is mostly used by the army. After arriving spend the serene and beautiful night near this enchanting blue lake. This includes: (Bike – TT – SUV – fuel – backup-road captain – stay-breakfast dinner – mechanic-first aid- oxygen cylinder- Ladakh inner line permit.)
Pangong Lake – Leh | 150 Kms | 4-5 Hrs. – The bikers get ready for another exciting ride, as they head back to Leh through the Chanlang La pass (3rd highest mountain in the world) and the Choglamsar. Stop at the Druk White Lotus School that appeared in the movie ‘3 idiots’, the Shanti Stupa and the white domed Buddhist stupa that is surrounded by the stunning and exotic mountains. If there is time, visit the Magnetic Hill, War memorial and the Gurudwara Pathar Sahib. Overnight stay will be at Leh. This includes: (Bike – TT – SUV – fuel – backup-road captain – stay-breakfast dinner – mechanic-first aid- oxygen cylinder- Ladakh inner line permit.)
|9||Leh- The biking expedition comes to an end and the bikers check out from the hotels at Leh. Freeze enchanting sceneries, interesting moments, and amazing locations thru photographs and carry pleasant memories forever!|
Some of the inclusions of the trip are:
- a) Accommodation:
“The Ladakh Retreat” and the “Zen Hotels” at Ladakh are two hotels that provide good accommodation, stay and leisure at Ladakh. Travelers, from these hotels can get beautiful views of the monasteries, valleys and lakes. This place is truly a paradise nested in the lap of nature. Besides the environment is pleasant and serene with nature at its best all-around-enjoy the solitude away from the mundane monotonies of life. Facilities include:
- Deluxe / Presidential / Cottage rooms
- Executive suites
- Recreation rooms
- Dry cleaning and laundry service.
- Conference halls.
- 24 hours power back up facility/ hot and cold water facilities.
- Travel desk
- Doctor on Call
- Ample parking area.
- The hotel is located in the leisure and business district of Ladakh.
Online travel portals provide lot of choices to book and avail discounts before the start of the peak season. Some of the hotels offering good accommodation are:
|Jispa Journey Camps/The Yak Hotel Jispa/Hotel IBEX||3 Star|
|Gold Drop Camps /Antrek Camps/ Dorjey Camps||4 Star|
|Chunka Camps/Nature Nest Camps- Nubra||4 Star|
|The Nature Camps / The Ladakh Camps/Similar- Pangong||4 Star|
|The Moonland/ D’ Jozila la/ Homestay||4 Star|
|Kullu Riverside Camps/ Meridian Camps/Hotel Golden/Meadows/The Yak Hotel Manali/ Kalinga,The Silk Route Ladakh/Hotel Zion/The Himalaya Leh/Three Roses Leh/The Galwan Palace.||4 Star|
|The Auspicious Hotel||3 Star|
|The Grand Dragon Ladakh||4 Star|
|Hotel Two Star||3 Star|
|Omasila Hotel||4 Star|
|The Hotel Ladakh Continental||4 Star|
|Hotel Kidar||4 Star|
|Saser Camp||4 Star|
|Chospa Hotel||3 Star|
|Hotel Ladakh Greens||3 Star|
|Hotel The Kaal, Leh Ladakh||4 Star|
|Hotel Snow View||4 Star|
|Hotel Shaynam||3 Star|
|Hotel Nezer Holiday In||4 Star|
|Reenam Hotel, Leh||4 Star|
|Yarab Tso Hotel||3 Star|
|Hotel Wang Residency||4 Star|
- b) Meal:
There are both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes served at Ladakh, these foods are prepared with lot spices like cardamom, garam masala, red chilies, fenugreek, pepper that keep the body always warm and give heat and energy to the body. Rice is the staple food of this region. Ladakh cultivates Potato, Beans, pumpkin and beetroot. The vegetarian foods of this region are Dum Aloo and Chaman, Paneer Makhani, Korma Saag , Butter tea, Momos, Lotus root ,Apricot Jam, Ladakhi pulav. Non-vegetarian dishes are Rogan Josh, Yakhni, Matschgand, Gushtaba, Muji Gaad , Marchwagan Korma , Aad Gosh, Thupka, Skyu, Methi Korma (made out of goat intestine) .Wawazan festival is organized every year with 36 non-vegetarian dishes served on the platter. The region is surely a cuisine connoisseur’s delight!
Some of the activities that are popular during the trip are:
- Quad biking in the Nubra valley sand dunes.
- Camel / Yak safari
- Cycling- Khardungla La, Leh to Alchi, Leh to Hemis.
- Paragliding- Lamayuru, Stok Kangri, Leh, Thiksey.
- River rafting at Zanskar.
- Bike ride to the Khardung La.
- Ladakh marathon.
- Snow leopard trek
- Chadar river frozen trek.
- Wildlife tours- Hemis national park.
- Visit the Zoji- La -Pass
- Spend the cold night at Drass
- Visit and experience Magnetic hill
- Visit the beautiful Pangong lake
- Pangong Tso, Tsomoriri Lake, Tso Kar.
- Kids camps
- Jeep safari
- Camel safari
- Yak safari
- Spiritual tours:
- Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, Phyang monastery, Shey Gompa, Dikshit Gompa.
- Thiksey and Hemis monastery
- d) Other Inclusions:
The other inclusions are:
- Luxurious Volvo buses from Delhi- Manali.
- 350 cc Royal Enfield bike as per itinerary.
- Reflective jacket and riders batch
- Helmets for riders and pillions.
- Permits for Rohtang pass.
- Inner line permit for Leh- Ladakh region.
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner given during the course of the trip.
- Deluxe hotels and camps with attached bathrooms.
- Hot water facilities at deluxe hotels / hot water buckets will be available in camps on request.
- Stay for couple on deluxe/ twin/ group sharing basis.
- First aid kits and oxygen cylinders.
- Basic spare part changes and mechanic during the bike tour- Front tube/ Rear tube/Spark plug/Clutch and Brake Wire/Clutch and Disc brake pads/ Engine oil/Clutch Plate. ( any damage / changes payable as extra cost)
- Back up vehicle to carry the luggage for more than 6 people in a fixed departure group.
- Expert road captain for assistance throughout the bike ride.
- All taxes/ tolls.
- Parking facility charges.
- In case the road to Nubra valley/ Khardung La- Pangong is closed then all transfers to Leh-Khardung La-Nubra-Pangong Leh will be done by SUV/ Tempo Traveler free of cost.
- e) Exclusions:(This varies across different tour operators)
- Entrances to places of visit –Presently @ Rs.20/-– Rs.50/- for monasteries.
- Any other meal apart from that which is given in the itinerary.
- Refundable security deposit at the prescribed rate (Currently, Rs 10,000/- per bike)
- International / Domestic air fare, visa fees, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees etc.
- Liability for change in itinerary due to reasons beyond our control like change in flight and train schedule, cancellation of flights/ trains, political disturbances any kind of natural calamities.
- Extra cost due to any change in the itinerary
- Stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors that are beyond control.
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as ‘Included’.
- Leh-Ladakh Inner Line Permit (Currently Rs.600/-) is included.
- Any escalation in permit cost to be borne by the riders.
- All taxes as applicable
There are different modes of transportation are:
The Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi (876 km) has connectivity with all major destinations of India. There are daily flights to Delhi, Srinagar, Mumbai, Leh, Bangalore. The flying time between Leh and Delhi is approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes. Currently, there are daily seven flights between Leh and Delhi.
The Jammu Tawi Railhead is the closest railhead that is around 800 km from Leh- Ladakh.This railhead has good connectivity with all major destinations, particularly Delhi, Calcutta and Chandigarh. In case travelers cannot reach the Jammu Tawi station the second nearest railhead is Pathankot and Chandigarh. There are lot of trains in Delhi – Jammu route, some of which run daily and while others run on a weekly basis.
The travelers can reach Leh- Ladakh, from Delhi- Manali in semi deluxe- Volvo buses and from here on bikes. (it depends on the package- SUV/ Bike ride)The distance between Leh – Manali is around 473 km with a travel time of around 13 Hrs. The Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (HPTDC) and the Jammu and Kashmir State Tourism (JKST) operate daily and deluxe buses from Manali- Leh and Srinagar. Travel time to Srinagar is around 11 Hrs. from Leh.
Some of the basic essentials for the trip are:
- Comfortable footwear
- Insect repellent
- Warm and comfortable clothes that are suitable for the bike trip.
- Ear muffs and gloves to protect the riders from severe cold.
- Comfortable shoes, an extra pair of slippers and socks for the night.
- Water bottles, backpacks with plastic linings.
- Jackets or sweaters
- Warm T-shirts
- Light micro fleece pullover
- Light gloves
- Full sleeve T-shirt
- Waterproof trekking pants
- Windproof/water resistant jackets
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets with minimum 600 fill power rating
- Thick fleece
- Trekking pants
- Full sleeve woolen pullover
- Thermal inner wear
- Woolen cap
- Inner fleece gloves
- Outer water proof gloves
- Thick woolen socks and regular socks
- Bandara scarf/muffler (optional)
- Gore-Tex jackets
- Cotton socks/sneakers
- Water purification filters
- Towel/ Camp towel/ sarong
- Small light weight towel
- Duffel bags down/ synthetic camp booties
- Headlamp/flashlights with extra batteries
- Insulated water bottle
- Hydration pack
- Cap / floppy
- Sun glasses
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Skin ointment
- Swiss army knife
- Sun hat/ baseball cap
- Extra passport photos
- One liter water bottle wide open mouth
- Vitamin tablets
- Money pouch/ belts
- Note book with pen and pencils
- Energy bars
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- One pair cotton trousers or shorts
- Personal toiletries
- Personal medication
- Wet wipes (tissues and wipes) in the mountains is not advisable since these are not biodegradable, sanitary pads should be carried in a Ziploc bag and after using them dispose them after coming to the city.
- Travelers should carry a spoon, lunchbox and coffee mugs with them. If needed they can also bring their own cutlery set with them for hygienic reasons.
- Carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
- Medications for common ailments:
- Diamox- To prevent acute mountain sickness
- Dexamethasone- One strip
- BP tablets as necessary
- Crocin- for fever
- Avomine- to prevent motion sickness
- Avil- for allergies
- Combiflam- Painkiller
- Disprin- Headaches
- Norflox TZ and Lomofen- Diarrhoea
- Digene- for acidity
- Omez/ rantadine- antacids
- Crepe bandage- 3 to 5 meters
- Guaze- 1 small roll
- Band aid- 10 strips
- Cotton- 1 small roll
- Oral Rehydration solution fluids- 10 packets
- Betadine or any antiseptic cream
- Moov spray (aches and sprains).
There are lot of buses from Leh to Manali run by Jammu and Kashmir State Road transport Corporation (JKSRTC) and Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (HPTDC). The journey time is around 13 hours. The distance between Manali and some major cities:
- Manali- Agra: 752 km
- Manali- Jalandhar: 320 km
- Manali- Haridwar: 480 km
- Manali- Hisar: 491 km
- Manali- Ghaziabad: 566 km
- Manali- Dalhousie : 360 km.
- Manali – Barog: 273 km
- By Cabs- Cabs can be hired to go to any place in the region but is expensive, even it is one of the most convenient ways to travel.
- The travelers can also hire jeeps /cars. This is a good option for those travelling with their family. Various cars / SUVs (Indigo, Tempo Traveler, Innova, Swift and Etios) are available for hire.
- Travelers can reach Manali through NH 1 and the NH 21.The Chandigarh- Roopnagar stretch is the only way that is in bad condition, otherwise the roads are in good shape for a smooth travel.
- The distance between Delhi-Manali is 560Kms. with an approx. travel time of 12 Hrs.
- Biking Trip:
- The actual biking trip expedition starts from Manali and the distance between (Manali- Leh is 475 km) Manali – Rohtang – Gramphu – Kokhsar – Keylong – Jispa – Darcha – Zingzingbar – Baralacha La – Bharatpur – Sarchu – Gata Loops – Nakee La – Lachulung La – Pang – Tanglang La – Gya – Upshi – Karu – Leh.(490 km).
- Bikers should choose the best bike, as the whole expedition passes through mountains and rough, rocky terrains and the long distances. They should maintain their bike in good condition, to ensure smooth, comfortable and a safe biking expedition.
The following are some guidelines that travelers should follow:
- Riders should wear shoes to protect their ankles.
- It is better to carry driver’s license
- It is safe to wear helmets while riding.
- Give way for the locals while riding.
- While riding riders should tuck in their socks, to avoid inconvenience.
- Bikers should wear double-layered socks to avoid dust, mud and any infections during the course of the trip.
- Avoid wearing tight fitted clothes as they might obstruct the riders from riding smoothly.
- Riders should not wear expensive jewelry or carry any costly electronic goods.
- Wear protective headgears that fits with eyewear and mouth protection wear to avoid the glare of the sun, wind and dust.
- Bikers should not park your bike anywhere on the way.
- Riders should check their bike and maintain it in good condition every day for a smooth ride.
- Riders should bring their own USB Pen drive of 32 GB for shooting any images/ videos if any.
- 350 cc Royal Enfield bikes will be given to riders as per the itinerary. (Please check for add-ons if any other variants are required)
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes differ from those of that in the plains; hence, bikers should take enough time to get themselves acclimatized to the high altitudes.
- Listen to the Guide’s instructions and follow the guidelines given by him for a safe, smooth and enjoyable trip.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol or any other intoxicants during the course of the ride.
- Do not ride during nights.
- Consult a physician the individual is fit enough to undertake the trip.
- Do not litter the local sites or campsites as the whole trip takes place through eco- friendly zones.
- Physical and mental preparation is essential, be ready to ride in high altitudes. Travelers should be ready to ride in high altitude terrains and face rough weather / harsh climate.
- Experienced crew is essential since they may help in dealing with any sort of emergencies that arise on the way.
- Getting a proper insurance is necessary and it should cover medical rescue evacuation in case of emergencies. It is advisable to have safety backup like oxygen pressurize altitude chamber in emergency cases.
- To prevent frostbites from extreme freezing temperatures, wear good socks.
- Avoid wearing more than one pair of socks to have good blood circulation.
- Wear track pants instead of denim jeans.
- Vision and contact lenses- A spare will help in case the one in use is damaged.
- Suture Kit- Kit is for use by local health care providers and requires a letter from the doctor on a letterhead stationery.
- Medical / Clinical Items:
- Syringe Kit- ( for diabetics)
- Medical alert tags, necklace, bracelets ( for emergency identification)
- Antifungal ointments
- Insect bite ointments
- Bandages- Multiple sizes, adhesive tape and gauze
- Moleskin or mole foam for blisters
- Elastic compression bandage wrap for sprains and strains.
- Disposable gloves
- Digital thermometer
- Scissors and safety pins
- Eye drops
- Cotton swabs
- Oral rehydration drops
- Health insurance cards and policy waiver.
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination – If in case the trip needs travelers to take completed International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis card or medical waiver.
- Copies of all prescriptions- Be sure to have copies of all prescriptions that have generic drug names. Also, carry prescriptions for eyeglasses/ contact lenses and other essential medical supplies.
- The bikers need to give a copy of their driving license/ vehicle registration number. Otherwise there are no restrictions for bike riders.
- There are restrictions on entry of non HP registered LMV(Light motor vehicles)on the Manali- Rohtang pass road.
- There are restrictions on truck entries in the Manali- Rohtang pass road between 6 am- 6 pm.
- In case bikers are going to Keylong or Ladakhfrom Manali (non-registered HP vehicles) then they need to get permit from the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) office in Manali for travel on the Manali- Rohtang pass road.
- In case riders are coming from the Keylong/ Kaza side then bikers need not get permit to ply on the Manali- Rohtang pass road, even if the vehicle is non Himachal Pradesh Vehicle Registration.
- Permits are only needed only in cases where bikers are going from Manali- Rohtang pass.
- Photo Identity ID card, PAN, Driving License, Voter ID(better to carry copies for submission to any higher authorities).
- Contact details
- Travelers must carry cards having contact numbers and e- mail-id of their friends/ relatives in case of any emergencies.
The best time for the expedition is April- June and September-November since the temperature is warm and pleasant with clear and sunny skies.
Summer (April- June):
This season has maximum inflow of tourists and the weather is warm and pleasant with 25*-30*C. In this season the apple and orchards bloom in variety of colors. The roads of Leh- Ladakh also open up and seelot of bikers travelling. Best timefor biking.
The region is prone to landslides that causes roadblocks as it receives heavy rainfall, and there are military convoys seen carrying heavy goods – The roads are completely blocked. Not fit to undertake bike trips.
The season of November- May – Roads remain closed because of dense snowfalls with cold and chill winds blowing in at nights, and the roads are completely blocked. Temperature drops to -10*C. This is not a favorable time to go for a bike expedition.
Spring/Autumn (Mid-September- November):
This season sees hues of golden and crimson flowers and varieties of fruits and Tulip flowers in full blossom. The region is colorful and apt for many adventure activities. The climate is warm and pleasant.
This bike trip is certainly not for the ‘faint-hearted’ – If u are an avid biker then this is the trip you should participate. Besides, being a one way trip once the trail ends at Leh one gets ample time to explore the regions around Leh. An unique experience by all means!!
|For two persons sharing one bike (with fuel and bike rental)||35500/- PER PERSON|
|For the single rider in one bike (with fuel and bike rental)||45000/- PER PERSON|
|For travelling by TT/SUV (Fuel included)||30500/- PER PERSON|
Note – 5% of GST is applicable on the final amount.