About Kasol Kheerganga
Kasol is a village that is located in the Parvati valley. It is on the banks of Parvati River in between Bhuntar and Manikaran. Kheerganga is a serene meadow, with a mystical tone to it. It is believed that Lord Shiva meditated for 3000 years in this place. Many people believe that the hot water springs of Kheerganga Trek have healing properties. Kasol Kheerganga Trek also has a serpent-shaped waterfall by the name of Rudranag.
Kasol amidst Parvati Valley is a trekking heaven in Himachal Pradesh. Kasol offers an encounter of rich green valleys with the exquisite Parvati River streaming close by like a pearl jewelry. Trekkers and nature sweethearts from over the globe visit this spot. Furthermore, shockingly a significant number of them remain. Kheerganga trekking happens to be the most well known of treks in Parvati Valley.They get shackled to the magnificence of Kasol. The quantity of Israeli pilgrims demonstrates to you the esteem Kasol holds among outsiders and Indians alike. This spot is paradise. Albeit because of court request there has been an ongoing clasp down on number of business camps working in Kasol Kheerganga Trek, its prevalence has scarcely been dented. Kheerganga Trek-Complete arranging guide.
The Tosh town, hot springs of Manikaran, Kheerganga, Parvaty River nearly everything without exception here is loaded up with serenity. During the treks from Kasol you will get the opportunity to see crude nature flourishing in the valley. Kasol and close-by towns like Tosh and Malana are places where individuals live by regarding Nature. Nature isn’t tormented by people in here, they exist together. Enjoy a reprieve far from the wrongdoings of city life and invest some energy in this valley. Various cascades, hot spring pools, snow secured crests all around and rich green woodland makes Kasol and Parvati valley a pearl of a vacation goal particularly on the off chance that you are keen on experience. You will before long acknowledge how Nature can be grasped in the event that you become more acquainted with it in its actual and unique state.
About the Kheerganga Trek
The Kheerganga Trekking Package has trek through Kasol and Kheerganga is for 5 days and 4 nights and is a moderate climb. Both these are exotic places that are trekker’s paradise with beautiful sights around. Kheerganga is located in the Parvati valley and it has a mystical tone attached to it. It has in it many sulfur hot water springs, which are naturally formed. In the journey, you will come across the splendid Parvati River and the Lahaul Spiti glaciers. The Kheerganga trek reveals some favorite tourist destinations en route to a Shiv Temple, Rudra Naag Waterfall and a lot of interesting rock formations. The Kheerganga trek is an easy one and is suited for everyone who is adventure loving.
Kasol Kheerganga Trek Highlights
- The Kheerganga trek is an opportunity to enjoy and savor the beauty of many tiny hamlets and streams.
- An opportunity to see the Parvati river
- The temple dedicated to Shiva., where he is believed to be meditated for 3000 years
- Opportunity to explore the exotic Kasol
- Many interesting rock formations
- The serpent-shaped Rudra Naag Waterfalls.
- An opportunity to bath at the natural sulfur hot water springs of Kheerganga believed to have many healing powers
- Apple and Pine orchards
- Sight of endangered Himalayan birds like Western Tragopan
- Have you ever done camping? If not this is your opportunity to. Sleeping under the stars enjoying the scenic beauty around. Cherry on top, prepare a bonfire and have fun with friends
- The splendid view of ice-capped mountains and the grandiose of glaciers of the mighty Himalayas.
- A unique opportunity to meet new people live their experience, talk to them and getting to know peculiar cultures that you might never have the opportunity to come across otherwise.
- And most importantly- food. An opportunity to taste the local food from the authentic people.
- The Kheerganga trek also passes through some old villages and grasslands.
Facts About Kheerganga Trek
- Location: Himachal Pradesh
- Starting from: Delhi
- Temperature: 10 to15 degree Celsius in the morning; 2 to 5 degree Celsius at night
- Trekking Distance: 16-kilometers
- Maximum altitude: 2960 meters
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Nearest Railway Station: Joginder Nagar Railway Station
- Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport, Kullu
- Accommodation Type: Camping
- Food: Nutritious food suitable for trekking
- Best time to visit: Mid-June to early October
- Duration: 5 Days and 4 Nights
- Key attractions: Hot water springs, Rudra Naag waterfall, Shiva Temple, Kasol
Delhi to Kasol Trip
Kasol to Kheerganga
Kheerganga to Kasol
Drive from Kasol to Delhi
During the Kheerganga trek, accommodation would be on Triple or Quad Sharing based on the size of the camp. The pricing would also be different. (Camping)
Vegetarian meals shall be provided.2 times a day
- Trekking- The 12 kilometers long trekking itself is the main activity that one would do. It is full of new experiences.
- Camping- The best part of the Trekking would be the night stays. Once you are tired from walking all day long, the campsites would provide you with all the comforts that you would need for the night. Since you are at an elevation you can observe the star-studded sky
- Waterfall visit- There are multiple waterfalls along the path you Kheerganga trek, which offers you with spectacular view
- Photography- The place offers multiple scopes for long exposure photography.
- Bonfire could be organized near the camping site for the night. One it is always fun and second, it helps you to overcome the extreme cold weather.
- All the required permits and the entry fees are
- A First aid medical kit consisting of the required and essential medicines.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff to guide your way and to take timely decisions.
- All the taxes are also included
- Safety equipment
- Camping Charges
The transport from Delhi to Kasol and the return trip will be provided for the visitor. Thus each trekker will be receiving a ride from Vidhan Sabha Metro Station, Delhi to Kasol village on the first day and from Kasol to the same place, Vidhan Sabha Metro Station, Delhi on the last day. Any other means of transport if required shall come at the trekker’s expenses
The closest airport is at Bhuntar. It is situated almost 50-kilometers away from Manali. There are Domestic flights from Delhi and Chandigarh that links with Bhuntar. From the airport, one can opt for a prepaid taxi to Manali. However taking into account the weather conditions of this place, Air transport isn’t the best nor the most reliable option to get to Manali. One can rather travel till Delhi by flight and look for other options to reach Manali.
There are many state-run as well as private buses that connect Manali with multiple other destinations like Leh, Kullu, Delhi, Dharamshala, and Shimla among others. Delhi to Manali s 550-kilometers and it is always better if the tickets are pre-booked in AC Volvo buses. This is a busy route and tickets might not be available without reservations. And Volvo buses are better than the rest when you take into account the long trip ahead.
Joginder Nagar is the closest railway station to Manali. Manali doesn’t have a railway station to itself. This is some 50-kilometers away from Manali. The best way is to either come to Ambala or Chandigarh and then ride to Joginder Nagar via train.
The best time to go for this Kheerganga Trekking is from mid-June to October when the climate is comparatively pleasant. Early months of the year clearly means chances of snowfall on high passes. This, however, melts down in the month of August. Kullu Manali gets good rainfall and during the monsoon season, it might rain heavily. However, the high altitude regions of Spiti valley or Seri meadows will be quite sunlit and warm during the daytime. The temperature might be in between 12 degree Celsius to 20 degree Celsius.
However, it goes down steeply during the night too -2 degree Celsius to 6 degree Celsius. September and October are the best months of the year or a tourist as the weather is extremely good with fewer chances of rain, and less snowfall and considerable warmth. In the beginning of October temperature again starts to drop. Day temperature is still found fluctuating between 12 degree Celsius to 18 Degree Celsius. However, at the night, it might be anywhere in between -6 degree Celsius to 2 degree Celsius, which the trekkers might find difficult to endure.
Altitude Sickness also knew as acute mountain sickness is caused by less exposure to oxygen at high altitudes. The symptoms could be non-specific. Breathlessness is a common symptom to speak of. A headache, fatigue, stomach illness, dizziness, and sleep disturbances are the other. Acetazolamide is the medicine that helps in curing acclimatization. However in the worst case scenario, one must descend the place immediately.