“You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting, so…get on your way! – Dr. Seuss
Well as they say, if biking is in your blood, Leh-Ladakh will be the ultimate adventure. Once in the lifetime, every biker dreams of going on a Leh Ladakh bike trip. Biking in Ladakh is the most exciting adventure of a life and regarded as the most preferred and memorable excursions of life throughout Ladakh Tour. While we dreams of an impeccable journey, the reality comes with a lot of shortcomings. We’ve tried our best to collate all information in this package that will help you tackle such difficulties on the way.
Ladakh, also known as the land of high passes lies between the Karakoram and the Great Himalayas at an altitude of 3000m. Sharing its east boundary with Tibet, Ladakh has Lahaul and Spiti into its south west and the Kashmir valley to the west coast. This landlocked region offers high altitude ranges, massive lakes, scenic trails, deep valleys and high passes which are paradise for mountain bikers. Ladakh particularly is a spiritual realisation of a dream.
Ladakh is the home of many high altitude mountain passes and some of the highest motorable roads in the world. Out of the various passes in Ladakh, only some passes are accessible to tourists. Among all these, Uming La is the highest motorable pass in the world at an elevation of 19,300 ft connecting Chisumle and Demchok villages in the Ladakh. Most iconic Khardung La, acts as an important gateway to the Shyok and Nubra Valleys, is situated at a height of 17582 ft. If Kardung La is iconic then Chang La is beautiful. Chang La, situated at an altitude of 17586 ft, is one of the most beautiful passes in India connecting Leh town and the Pangong Lake.
This highest cold desert in the world is a journey of self-discovery at altitudes exceeding 12000 ft above mean sea level and surely one of the toughest motorcycle rides anywhere in the world.
About The Ladakh Bike Trip
Explored by thousands of explorers from all over the world every year, Leh Ladakh bike trip is one of the most popular trips in India. This bike trip begins at Leh, so you have to reach Leh by your own. Leh can be reached through both by air and by road. You can take Srinagar-Leh Highway or Manali-Leh Highway to reach Leh by road. You can also arrive Leh by taking morning flight from Delhi Airport. On arrival at Leh, our representative will pick you and drop you at the hotel.
The bike trip begins from Day 2 with our first drive out to Sham valley to visit the Lamayuru Monastery and Moonland. On our way back we would visit Alchi and Likir Monasteries and magnetic hill. We ride back to hotel by late afternoon.
On day 3, we will ride out for Nubra Valley via Khardung La. We will stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley – Hunder or Sumur. We ride out after breakfast for Pangong Lake on day 4 through some more high altitude passes, beautiful grazing grounds and landscapes. We will spend night in the lakeside camp.
After exploring Pangong Lake, we will return back to Leh on Day 5 for your last evening in Ladakh. After returning to Leh, you can spend evening by exploring Leh town. On Day 6, our representative will take you to airport where you can take your flight to Delhi.
Bike Trip To Ladakh Highlights
- Visit Thiksey, Shey and other Leh Monasteries
- Shopping in the bazaars of Leh
- Visit to the beautiful Pangong Lake
- Experience the adrenaline rush as you ride over the highest motorable road Khardung La
- Explore Sham valley and visit various Monasteries there
- Savour sumptuous local delicacies
- Feel the thrill as you ride through the barren roads and admire the breathtaking scenery of the region.
- Camping near Pangong Lake
- Stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley
- Region : Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
- Nature of Trip : Motor Biking
- Duration : 6 Days/5 Nights
- Riding Days : 4 Days
- Daily Mileage : 120-150 Km
- Riding Season : May- September
- Difficulty : Moderate – Tough
- Average Temperature: 12-17 degrees (days) and 2-10 degrees (nights) during summers, 0-(-10) degrees (days) and (-10) – (-20) degrees (nights) during winters.
- Trip Starting Point : Leh
- Nearest Railway Station : Jammu Tawi Railway Station
- Nearest Airport : Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
- Atm : ATMs are there in Leh and Kargil
Arrival at Leh (Complete Rest for Acclimatisation)
Your flight from Delhi will arrive at Leh airport where our representative will pick you and transfer to the hotel. After arriving at Leh you will witness one of the most beautiful sights of Leh valley amidst the spectacular Himalayan peaks. You need to acclimatise to get used to low oxygen levels, so take this day at leisure. After lunch, you can visit Leh main bazaar and explore several cafes and handicrafts products. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Leh.
Leh – Sham Valley ( Alchi, Likir, Basgo & Magnetic Hills) and back (160Km/8-9Hrs)
After our morning breakfast, we will start our bike adventure with visit to Sham valley (Leh-Srinagar Highway). This trip to Sham valley requires about 160 kms of drive for the complete tour and back to Leh in a Day. We will start our trip to reach Alchi first which is the farthest place and then visit all the places while backtracking. While backtracking, we will visit Basgo known for its Buddha statue and Likir Monastery, magical phenomenon of Magnetic Hills and scenic Bazgo plains. You will also going to witness the famous confluence of Indus and Zanskar River just near Nimmu Village. We will ride back to hotel by late afternoon.
On this day you would be preety comfortable with the roads of Ladakh and of course your motorcycle which will help you to explore other regions of Ladakh. Dinner and Overnight stay in hotel in Leh.
Leh – Nubra Valley via Khardung La (130 Km/6-7Hrs)
After having early breakfast, we will ride to Nubra Valley passes through Khardung La, one of the highest motorable roads in the world. It will take approx 6-7 hrs to cover a distance of 130 Km to reach Nubra Valley. We will visit Hunder sand dunes where you can see double humped Bactrian camels. We will also pay our visit to Diskit Monastery and its giant Buddha. We stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley – Hunder or Sumur. Dinner and overnight stay in Desert Camps.
Nubra Valley – Pangong Lake via Shyok Valley (170Km/6-7Hrs)
The fourth day of our tour covers a visit to the picturesque Pangong Lake. Today we have to cover a long distance of 170 Km; hence we will leave Nubra Valley early in the morning after breakfast. We will ride to Pangong Lake via Shyok Valley which which takes around 7- 8 Hrs. Pangong Lake, largest brackish water lake in Asia is one of the best attractions of Ladakh. The lake sprawls in India as well as China. Two-third area of the lake lies in China. The waters are crystal clear blessed with so many intriguing shades of blue.
We will reach Pangong Lake by late afternoon. On arrival we will stay in the lakeside camp which is an experience of lifetime. Dinner and stay in camp near Pangong Lake.
Pangong Lake – Leh via Chang La (160Km/6-7Hrs)
Having our breakfast early in the morning we will head towards Leh via Chang La. On the way, we will see the famed school that was used as an off-studio location in the hit Hindi film, 3 Idiots. On the way back to Leh we will cross Changla Pass, world’s third highest motorbale pass. En route we can visit Thiksey Monastery which is similar to Potala Palace of Tibet.
We will reach Leh by afternoon, so you can use your rest of the day by exploring Leh town. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Leh.
Departure from Leh
You have had one of the most unique experiences in life. After having morning breakfast it’s time to fly out of Leh. Our representative will transfer you to Leh airport from where you can catch your flight to Delhi.
End of Leh bike tour and end of our services.
Accomodations – Stay is included from Day 1 to Day 5 (Leh to Leh). You will be staying in a hotel at Leh, desert camping in Nubra valley and lakeside camping in Pangong Lake.
Meals – From dinner at Leh on Day 1 to breakfast at Leh on Day 6 are included. All meals except Lunch are included in this cost. A lot of emphasis is given to nutritional needs.
Other Inclusions –
- Inner line security permits where applicable.
- One Motorcycle Royal Enfield 350cc on rent for you.
- Transfers from airport to hotel and then back to airport.
- Tour leader and local guide on motorcycle.
- Support vehicle with driver to carry your luggage.
- RE mechanic with spare parts and minor repairs en route.
- First aid kit and oxygen cylinder & Helmets.
- Fuel for entire tour.
- Foreigners permits for non-Indian riders.
- All hotel taxes and entry fees to monasteries etc.
- Flights to and from Leh.
- Any meals not specified (Lunches).
- Laundry, tips, camera fee, camel rides etc
- Personal riding kit – jacket, helmet, gloves or shoes.
- Alcohol and other beverages.
- 5% GST
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
Going on a bike trip is like hard-core backpacking through the roughest of mountains. It’s an adventure visit to Ladakh that requires packing to be mild yet all of the basic requirements will need to get transported along.
- Trekking Shoes, gear and Helmet
- Backpack(40-60L) with rain cover
- Warn layer of Clothes with Windproof Jacket
- Two pairs of cotton socks. 2 pairs of woollen socks
- Two pairs of full sleeve shirts/T-shirts, track Pants and jeans
- Thermal inner – one pair
- Sun cap
- One pair of wooden hand gloves
- Balaclava or woollen scarves
- LED torch
- A good quality camera.
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, moisturiser, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer.
- One water bottle(1L) and one thermos flask(1L)
- Plastic covers: While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalise things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
- A Swiss Army Knife
- Personal Medical Kit
- Mandatory Documents especially driving licence.
By Air – Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport in Leh is the nearest airport, which is in Leh town. It is the most convenient way to reach Leh. There are a number of flights from Delhi to Leh.
By Railway – Jammu Tawi Railway Station is the nearest rail-head, which is 850 Km from Leh. An excellent rail network connects Jammu Tawi to other important cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata. You have to get taxi and drive to Leh via Srinagar or Keylong. But since these routes are close in winter you can’t visit Leh during winters via road.
By Road – Planning Delhi as a base for your Ladakh bike trip, Srinagar to Leh and Manali to Leh will be the two chief paths offering the very best street conditions and scenic views.
- Weather is unpredictable in Himalayas due to high altitudes. It is necessary to acclimatized yourself before starting your trip. Be aware of symptoms of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) like mild headache, nausea and general discomfort.
- We have an experienced Ladakh bike trip guide who leads the trip. To enjoy your safe and sound experience, follow the leads of Trip leader.
- It is advisable not to drive in night as it could be dangerous.
- Consult your physician before undertaking the trip and carry basic medicines you are using for the purpose of added safety.
- While visiting the monasteries, do obey proper dress-code and do not hurt the local sentiments of the places.
- The trip takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
|For two persons sharing one bike (with fuel and bike rental)||Rs. 20500/- per person|
|For the single rider in one bike (with fuel and bike rental)||Rs. 25500/- per person|
|For travelling by TT/SUV (Fuel included)||Rs. 20500/- per person|
Note – 5% of GST is applicable on the final amount.
FIXED DEPARTURE DATES
|S No.||Duration||Group No.||Start Date/Leh||End Date/Leh|
|1||6 Days||01||16 June 2018 (Few Seats Left)||21 June 2018|
|2||6 Days||02||26 June 2018||01 July 2018|
|3||6 Days||03||6 July 2018 (Few Seats Left)||11 July 2018|
|4||6 Days||04||16 July 2018 (Few Seats Left)||21 July 2018|
|5||6 Days||05||26 July 2018||31 July 2018|
|6||6 Days||06||5 August 2018||10 August 2018|
|7||6 Days||07||14 August 2018||19 August 2018|
|8||6 Days||08||24 August 2018||29 August 2018|
|9||6 Days||09||3 September 2018||8 September 2018|
|10||6 Days||10||13 September 2018||18 September 2018|