“You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting, so…get on your way! – Dr. Seuss
Well as they say, if biking is in your blood, Leh-Ladakh Trip will be the ultimate adventure. Once in the lifetime, every biker dreams of going on a Leh Ladakh bike trip. Biking in Ladakh is the most exciting adventure of a life and regarded as the most preferred and memorable excursions of life throughout Leh Ladakh Tour. While we dreams of an impeccable journey, the reality comes with a lot of shortcomings. We’ve tried our best to collate all information in this package that will help you tackle such difficulties on the way.
Ladakh, also known as the land of high passes lies between the Karakoram and the Great Himalayas at an altitude of 3000m. Sharing its east boundary with Tibet, Ladakh has Lahaul and Spiti into its south west and the Kashmir valley to the west coast. This landlocked region offers high altitude ranges, massive lakes, scenic trails, deep valleys and high passes which are paradise for mountain bikers. Ladakh particularly is a spiritual realisation of a dream.
Ladakh is the home of many high altitude mountain passes and some of the highest motorable roads in the world. Out of the various passes in Ladakh, only some passes are accessible to tourists. Among all these, Uming La is the highest motorable pass in the world at an elevation of 19,300 ft connecting Chisumle and Demchok villages in the Ladakh. Most iconic Khardung La, acts as an important gateway to the Shyok and Nubra Valleys, is situated at a height of 17582 ft. If Kardung La is iconic then Chang La is beautiful. Chang La, situated at an altitude of 17586 ft, is one of the most beautiful passes in India connecting Leh town and the Pangong Lake.
This highest cold desert in the world is a journey of self-discovery at altitudes exceeding 12000 ft above mean sea level and surely one of the toughest motorcycle rides anywhere in the world.
About The Ladakh Bike Trip
Explored by thousands of explorers from all over the world every year, Leh Ladakh bike trip is one of the most popular trips in India. This bike trip begins at Leh, so you have to reach Leh by your own. Leh can be reached through both by air and by road. You can take Srinagar-Leh Highway or Manali-Leh Highway to reach Leh by road. You can also arrive Leh by taking morning flight from Delhi Airport. On arrival at Leh, our representative will pick you and drop you at the hotel.
The bike trip begins from Day 2 with our first drive out to Sham valley to visit the Lamayuru Monastery and Moonland. On our way back we would visit Alchi and Likir Monasteries and magnetic hill. We ride back to hotel by late afternoon.
On day 3, we will ride out for Nubra Valley via Khardung La. We will stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley – Hunder or Sumur. We ride out after breakfast for Pangong Lake on day 4 through some more high altitude passes, beautiful grazing grounds and landscapes. We will spend night in the lakeside camp.
After exploring Pangong Lake, we will return back to Leh on Day 5 for your last evening in Ladakh. After returning to Leh, you can spend evening by exploring Leh town. On Day 6, our representative will take you to airport where you can take your flight to Delhi.
Bike Trip To Ladakh Highlights
- Visit Thiksey, Shey and other Leh Monasteries
- Shopping in the bazaars of Leh
- Visit to the beautiful Pangong Lake
- Experience the adrenaline rush as you ride over the highest motorable road Khardung La
- Explore Sham valley and visit various Monasteries there
- Savour sumptuous local delicacies
- Feel the thrill as you ride through the barren roads and admire the breathtaking scenery of the region.
- Camping near Pangong Lake
- Stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley
- Region : Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
- Nature of Trip : Motor Biking
- Duration : 6 Days/5 Nights
- Riding Days : 4 Days
- Daily Mileage : 120-150 Km
- Riding Season : May- September
- Difficulty : Moderate – Tough
- Average Temperature: 12-17 degrees (days) and 2-10 degrees (nights) during summers, 0-(-10) degrees (days) and (-10) – (-20) degrees (nights) during winters.
- Trip Starting Point : Leh
- Nearest Railway Station : Jammu Tawi Railway Station
- Nearest Airport : Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
- Atm : ATMs are there in Leh and Kargil