Well as they say, if biking is in your blood, Leh Ladakh tour will be the ultimate adventure and Manali- Leh Highway ride offers you the best of the Himalayan region. From highest motorable passes in the world to cold deserts, thrilling destinations, picturesque landscape the ride is amongst the prized as well toughest routes in India. Leh Ladakh bike trip is the most exciting and adventurous experience of lifetime.
About Leh Ladakh
Ladakh(land of high passes), a landlocked region lies between two of the world’s most powerful mountain ranges – the Karakoram and the Great Himalayas, proffers breathtakingly high altitude mountains, cold deserts, saltwater lakes and insane landscapes. Sharing its east boundary with Tibet, Ladakh has Lahaul and Spiti into its south west and the Kashmir valley to the west side.
Ladakh is the home of many high altitude mountain passes and some of the highest motorable roads in the world. Out of the various passes in Ladakh, only some passes are accessible to tourists. There are many beautiful passes when you strike Ladakh from Manali and Baralacha La is a treat for you. There are bountiful passes of utmost importance from the tourism point of view and when you are going to cross these passes, make a point to visit the temples, hang temples and pyramid of stones for a happy and peaceful journey ahead.
A Leh-Ladakh journey entails a great deal of beauty, grandeur, and patience. A holiday here is captivating and being well informed will only smooth your excursion. This highest cold desert in the world is a journey of self-discovery at altitudes exceeding 12000 ft above mean sea level and surely one of the toughest motorcycle rides anywhere in the world.
About Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
Explored by thousands of explorers from all over the world every year, Leh Ladakh bike trip through Manali-Leh Highway is one of the most popular trips in India. Our Bike trip to Leh-Ladakh begins at Manali, so you have to reach Manali by your own. Most convenient way to reach Manali is to take an overnight bus from Delhi. Bus will reach Manali next day before noon. Our representative will pick you from bus stand.
The bike trip begins from day 2 with our drive out to Jispa via Vashisth, Solang valley, Rohtang Pass and Keylong. While riding to Sarchu on day 3, we will pass through the famous Baralacha La, Darcha, and Zing Zing bar. It is always advisable to cross this pass before Noon because melting of snow and formation of water stream on the high altitude of Baralacha La makes it difficult to cross. Lachung La, Moray Plains, and Tanglang La are the main attractions on the way to Leh on day 4. Tanglang La provides a scenic view from every angle with ample vegetation on both sides. We will reach Leh by late afternoon.
On day 5, we will ride out for Nubra Valley via Khardung La. We stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley – Hunder or Sumur. We ride out after breakfast for Pangong Lake on day 6 through some more high altitude passes, beautiful grazing grounds and landscapes. We spend night in the lakeside camp. After exploring Pangong Lake, we will return back to Leh on Day 7 for your last evening in Ladakh. After returning to Leh, you can spend evening by exploring Leh town.
We will leave for Manali on day 8 and reach Sachu through Manali-Leh Highway. On day 9, we will reach Manali by late afternoon. You can explore Manali town and spend some quality time on Mall Road.
On Day 10, our representative will transfer you to bus stand where you can take your bus to reach Delhi next day.
Leh Ladakh Trip Highlights
- Drive to Jispa, via Rohtang Pass
- Bike ride on Baralachha Pass to reach the camp site in Sarchu
- A challenging drive on Tanglang-La Pass (one of the world’s highest passes)
- Visit Thiksey, Shey and other Leh Monasteries
- Explore Jispa, Sarchu and Pang Villages.
- Shopping and sightseeing in Leh
- Visit to the beautiful Pangong Lake
- Experience the adrenaline rush as you ride over the highest motorable road Khardung La
- Relish delicious Ladakhi cuisines.
- Feel the thrill as you ride through the barren roads and admire the breathtaking scenery of the region.
- Camping near Pangong Lake
- Stay overnight in a typical high altitude Ladakhi village in Nubra valley
- Region : Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
- Nature of Trip : Motor Biking
- Duration : 10 Days/9 Nights
- Riding Days : 8 Days
- Daily Mileage : 140-180 Km
- Riding Season : May- September
- Difficulty : Moderate – Tough
- Average Temperature: 12-17 degrees (days) and 2-10 degrees (nights) during summers, 0-(-10) degrees (days) and (-10) – (-20) degrees (nights) during winters.
- Trip Starting Point: Manali
- Nearest Railway Station: Pathankot
- Nearest Airport: Kullu–Manali Airport, Kullu
- Atm: ATMs are there in all the way from Manali to Leh